Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Contaminate the Chippewa Valley Book Festival

I have the greatest job ever, not least because of all the books.  And not just the ones I write.  No, I get to travel, too.  Incomprehensibly, sometimes people read my books and decide the immature twit who came up with Betsy, Fred, Shiro, King Al, and/or Olive the dog should come and speak at their bookstore/festival/class reunion/VFW conference/funeral.  In the past couple of years I've seen San Diego, Melbourne, Gainesville, Orlando, St. Louis, Columbus, Daytona, Omaha, Dallas, Atlanta,  Louisville, and Paris.  This weekend I'm speaking at the Chippewa Valley Book Festival, which is hosted by another city named and settled by French explorers:  Eau Claire, Wisconsin! 

The book festival has been going on for over a decade, and I'm psyched to be a part of it. Except for a couple of meals-with-authors events, the speeches, seminars, readings, and the like are free. And needless to say, there will be books everywhere.  I'll be speaking at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, and the festival goes through Sunday. For more deets, check out: www.cvbookfest.org, or call 715-839-5004. 

By the time the good people running the festival realize asking me to speak was a gross error, I'll have absconded with free books, hotel soap, and all the pudding I can swipe from the buffet. You'd be amazed at how much pudding those little shampoo bottles hold.  Mmm...shampoo pudding...

1 comment:

Tonette said...

Oh, good! You have taken a load off my mind.I will make sure they book you to speak at my funeral!